Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mega Man & Bass - Completing the Database - Part 1, Discs 1 - 10

I had a feeling this break would be a short one. I just can't keep my claws off the shinies. So here we are, back to Mega Man & Bass again, in more of an instructional series on how to get all 100 Database CDs. I plan to do ten discs per video, so hopefully that will stay constant. I figured this would be a good way to do it so that, if anyone out there is missing a particular disc number, they can use my series as a reference by watching the videos that contain the ones they need. As a note, it has been brought to my attention that the Lightning Bolt can be used to make characters jump in mid air, but I simply don't have good enough timing for that. You have to hit the jump at exactly the right moment. As such, I'm just showing normal ways to get the discs, not making use of that particular..... is it a glitch, or a skill? I have to respect anyone with the timing to use that effectively... I'm using the GBA version of the game, mainly so that I can read and comment on the discs themselves. However, it's interesting to note differences between the two versions. For one thing, rooms have more of a scroll to them, both horizontally and vertically, due to the screen limitations of the GBA as compared to the SNES. Also, as you reach midpoints in the stages, a "Now Saving" box pops up. I'm really not sure why this was added... Finally, Bass gets screwed over a wee bit. It's a lot more awkward using his dash, as there's no longer a dedicated button for it. Instead, he can only ...

No comments:

Post a Comment