Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thank You! Video of software installation and attempted backup to CD

I want to thank Youtube user Jamietreadwell for giving me the funds to purchase the license for the VideoPad Video Editor by NCH software. It was the only program that worked well with my machine and handled the mov and mp4 rendering well. I would highly reccomend this program to anyone, as this is the cheapest video editor that has these features. Anyway installation went well (I had to refresh the page to get my serial) and I tried to create a backup CD. Unfortunately after multiple tries, I could not get my DVD-CD writer drive to recognize a blank CD-R, for some reason it recognized a DVD-RW that I also tried, but the application stalled writing to that disc. Maybe there's a way I can backup to my portable hard drive? Anyway other than that the application is working great, and the mp4 rendering is so much faster and better than WMV. WMV could not handle HD well anyway, even if Windows Movie Maker was able to read .mov. WMV takes like 4 times longer than MP4 to render. And now being able to upload video of unlimited length, its definately a feature I can appreciate. I want to also thank Google and Youtube for giving me unlimited uploads, so I no longer have to split my videos up. MP4 though is by and far superior to every codec out there and really should be "mainstream" now. Anyway I want to give thanks to Jamie and everyone else who offerred help. Asking for money is always a "last resort", but there was no way around it, there just isn't a freeware video editor that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment